Download Full Text (946 KB)
To improve patient flow, access, and decrease strain on resources by enhancing the current process of Discharge and Loop Back Huddle by identifying two patients for early discharge the next day.
- Discharge huddle and Loopback (Discuss care progression for all pts)
- Discharge planning using the IDEAL Model (Patient and Family Engagement with Discharge)
- Electronic Discharge Readiness Tools (Exp Discharge Date, Discharge milestones, etc.)
Next piece of the puzzle:
- VIDA: a framework to identify 2 patients to be discharged before 11 am – so the bulk of our discharges do not occur between Noon and 4:00 pm.
- Decreasing the strain on internal and external resources.
St. Cloud, MN
Discharge planning, IDEAL model, Improving patient flow, Electronic discharge, Electronic medical record
Burris, Jennifer; Kockler, Holly; Olson, Gail; Patterson, Kristi; Pflueger, Natasha; Salzer, Jennifer; and Volkers, LeAnn, "Very Important Discharge Appointment (VIDA)" (2022). Nursing Posters. 135.