Download Full Text (427 KB)
- Hepatitis B vaccination is an important health maintenance preventative measure for patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Prior to initiating dialysis, hepatitis B vaccination administration is proven to be more effective than waiting until patients begin dialysis treatments.
- Efficacy and immune response of the hepatitis B vaccine is greater when kidney function is greater
- To better improve hepatitis B vaccine administration among the CKD stage 4 population, education measures and Epic modifiers will be implemented to achieve change
- Nursing knowledge and hepatitis B vaccine administration will improve after implementation of these measures
Hepatitis B vaccine, Chronic kidney disease, CKD, Nursing education, Electronic medical record, EMR, Quality improvement
Nephrology | Other Nursing
Swanson, Jill, "Improving Hepatitis B Vaccination Rates in Nephrology Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease: A QI Initiative" (2021). Nursing Posters. 140.