Download Full Text (689 KB)
Sharing information about Post Intensive Care Syndrome (PICS) to all in CentraCare. PICS symptoms do not appear until weeks to months after a critical care illness so patients at home may not know what to do with their symptoms.
- May 2023 - introducing CICU to the PICS process during their Nurse Practice meeting.
- May 2023 - updating the Hospital Medicine Section CNS
- Fall 2023 - meeting with the Ambulatory Work Cabinet group to see if our system of notification is working
- What opportunities do we have with teaching Progressive RNs about PICS and our Diaries?
- How can we reach out to our patient population even more: MyChart messages, community education, etc?
St. Cloud, MN
Post intensive care syndrome, PICS, NICU, Neonatal intensive care unit
Critical Care Nursing | Other Nursing
Tindal, Jessica A., "SCH ICU Expanding PICS Throughout CentraCare" (2023). Nursing Posters. 163.